Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

16.9.10

A Festival and Some Gardens

This weekend there was a Hispanic festival right here in Hamilton, New Zealand. I know, right? I HAD to be there. I had to see what it was like. Also, I love food. Being Hispanic, and loving food, I figured we should mosey on by to see what was going on.

I was so excited.
Phil was going out to the orchard that morning to chop up some firewood for next winter and then after that we were going to head out to the festival. I waited an eternity for him to come back!
Longest! Morning! Ever! (Okay, not that long)


But isn't it the prettiest wood pile you ever did see?

After that we quickly got ready to go. I wore my poncho and Phil wore his baja jacket.

We're so legit.



When we got there, it wasn't really much of a festival. There were four stalls. And there wasn't really any food. I can't say I was surprised because I didn't imagine there would be a giant Hispanic population in Hamilton, but I was pretty bummed on the lack of food. I love me some food. Maybe next year I will see if I can contribute something to the festival.


The "festival".

Since we walked the festival in 2 minutes flat, Phil decided to take me on a tour of the Hamilton Gardens. Man oh man, they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! We walked through so many and I haven't seen all of them yet. They are so gorgeous and sooo well taken care of. I can't wait to see it in full bloom! It's the most beautiful place. I want to have a picnic there soon with the mister. I love picnics.












If you're ever in Hamilton stop by the gardens! They are so worth it.


xoxo
Talia Christine

2 comments:

  1. oh man! that is a great picture of phil! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! I really like it too. I want to print it out and bring it with me.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo