Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

27.3.12

Then and Now

Then
February 2010

Now
March 2012

The first photo was taken a few days after Phil and I were engaged. We were on our way to Raglan beach with his parents and stopped at Bridal Veil Falls on the way. We took this photo with our Fuji Instax camera and the photo has been one of my favorites ever since.

A few weeks ago, we had some family visiting from Australia and decided to stop at Raglan and the falls again. Phil had the idea of recreating the photo we took a few years earlier, so we put on the same outfits. So fun!

We'd like to make recreating this photo a family tradition.

I can't see Audrey appreciating this when she's 13. But it will be hilarious.

It's been an amazing 2 years. Insane. Crazy. Beautiful. Exhausting. Perfect. I love you so much, Phil. So much has happened. And I'm so blessed, and in awe, that we get to do it all together. I'm so amazed by how much you love me. And how much I love you! Thanks for being the best one ever.

xoxo
Talia Christine



Also, I'm super out of shape. I pretty much almost died walking back up the stairs after seeing the waterfall. Motivation anyone?

17 comments:

  1. I love this! What a neat idea for a tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing ever, I hope you do keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous idea and two beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love this idea! Bridal veil falls in Provo? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey will totally appreciate this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and what a great idea. PS what's Phil looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, what a great idea! I love how you wore the same clothes too. It reminds me of that art project where people reenacted some photos from their childhoods :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pics. Love Bridal Veil x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so wonderful. i think i am going to talk to my hubby about doing something similar!

    cheers to good love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a truly beautiful idea! I'm so very inspired!
    Best wash those outfits carefully if they're to last 18yrs!!! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Can't wait to see all the pictures twenty years from now. And to see how much Audrey will change just in the next year! It'll be fantastic.

    Wrote up a new post, and tagged you in it. Hope you'd like to participate?! Would be great to learn more about you, especially since I'm sure a lot has changed in the past ten years or so since I last saw you.

    http://befreckled.blogspot.de/2012/03/10-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUCH a great idea! I Love it! Oh I so want to do this with my man and future family. I'll have to dig out a photo to re-enact. It would be fun to take the pics in our wedding attire every year! Ha! I can totally see my hubs hating that!

    -newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo