Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

10.4.12

Macarons

Macarons

Macarons.

Sweet. Soft and crunchy. Gooey insides yet light as air. Heavenly bliss.

I thought: Why not try and bake macarons? You only live once. Plus, how hard can they be?

Well, kinda tricky I guess, but not all THAT hard. I invited my pretty friend, Petra, to come over for a baking adventure. And you know what? I think we did pretty well. We're determined to perfect and hone our macaron baking skills. Because sometimes you just need pretty cookies in your life.

Well, at least I do.

Macarons
Macarons
Macarons
Macarons
Macarons
Macarons
Macarons
Macarons
Macarons

We baked three trays in all. Our first tray cracked and collapsed mostly. Our second, we switched things up a bit and had more success. Our third tray was picture perfect.

We baked a raspberry cookie and made a raspberry buttercream filling. Divine.

I searched the internets high and low for a recipe that I felt comfortable trying and landed on this one. It's excellent. The recipe worked out well for us and there are GREAT troubleshooting articles on the website. Brilliant!

Macarons
Pretty pretty PetraMacarons

It CAN be done, folks!

Go on, give it a try. Conquer your baking fears.


Edit: I posted a link to recipe in the blog post, but a lot of people have been asking me for the recipe...

For those of you that missed it the first time:

http://bravetart.com/recipes/Macarons



xoxo
Talia Christine

16 comments:

  1. ok! haha, nice job! beautiful pics x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, yum! they look great...you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talia they look lovely, especially their sweet pink colour!
    I've been meaning to try for sometime now - I'm inspired! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I still haven't conquered my macaron baking fear. Soon, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to give these a go. You make it look so easy. I might just have to. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recipie please please please,they look too beautiful to not have a go at making :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or maybe a suggestion where to find a good recipie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the recipie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm those look so good! I kind of want to make some for myself now! Maybe tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super impressed that you made these! I'm now a follower.

    Today I’ve done a post with tips for buying fresh flowers if you’d like to take a peak.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant wait to try this out! They look so yummy!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These macarons looks delicious. Thanks your shared the interesting detail
    https://www.astrolika.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo