Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

21.3.09

Fiber Friday!

It has been a busy week! Here's what I've been up to:



Baby Bird
73 yds
Hand dyed by me
Superwash Merino

This stuff is disgustingly soft! This is the second softest skein I've ever spun out before. Second only to the skein I spun out of pure silk. The softness of this one almost doesn't make sense! I just want to roll around it in and giggle!! ... I mean uh... look over there!!!




Halelujah!
232 yds
Merino, Silk, Bamboo, Firestar, Angelina

I got this loooovely fiber at a local fiber festival a few months back! The Kid n Ewe Fiber Festival. I look forward to this festival every year! I'm lucky to have it so close by. The colour of these singles was somewhat hard to photograph, simply because it's so sparkly. It tricks the camera!




Concord
Merino + Tussah
I forgot to measure the yardage. Doh!!

This is my favorite colour this week. This colour is absolutely decadent! The merino and tussah make a luxurious blend in these soft fluffy spun singles. I don't know if I'll keep this one for myself or sell it off. Hmm.




Eclipse
123 yards
4 oz.
100% hand painted Romney from Spunky Eclectic fiber club - August 2008 installment

I love working with Romney but I never know what to do with the yarn. This was a dream to spin!! It practically spun itself. Left to myself I would not have chosen the colours, but they ended up spinning up nicely. I started it on my spindle and then transfered it to the wheel when I was reminded how much I don't love spindle spinning.


Bieow Bieow is pleased!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo