Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

14.6.12

Audrey Eleanor's First Birthday

Audrey's Birthday
Audrey's Birthday
Audrey's Birthday
Audrey's Birthday

Yesterday Audrey turned 1. Her birthday came and went and now I'm a mother of a one year old. Maybe I've been in denial that she's growing up, but it seems like overnight she seems so much older. She isn't a baby baby anymore. She's so smart and says things like "mama" "papa" "squirrel" (occasionally) and "oh!" when she finds something new. She knows a few sign language words too. She can do simple puzzles and "read" books. She'll be walking any minute. (Oh, dear.) Actually, she's walking around the living room right now with a little cart full of blocks. She got it out all by herself.

Who is this tiny child?? It seems like yesterday my belly was still big and swollen with new life. And then she was in my arms. And now she's in my lounge making a huge mess with said blocks. And she's wearing my necklace, which she insists upon, so I haven't plucked up the courage to take it back. Plus it looks cuter on her.

The point is. I love her. And time is going by fast. Faster than I would like it to, really. Time is a terrible and exciting thing. Terrible in that these little moments of her babbling to herself and playing with blocks are here and gone forever. Exciting in that she's changing and growing into this beautiful little person all the time. And we get to be here for it.

I do feel quite blessed to have her, and I know Phil feels the same. I can't believe we get to be the ones to kiss her cheeks a hundred times a day and tuck her in bed and have her be ours. Our family.

It's pretty cool.

Happy birthday, Audrey. I love you. A lot. But I think you know that already.

Love,
Mama and Papa

15 comments:

  1. She is breathtakingly gorgeous! I can't believe she's already a year old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies so fast, she is such an adorable pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully written post. So true about how time flies, I would say cherish the moments but you obviously already are. Happy first birthday little one, enjoy these care-free years of your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday for yesterday Audrey! Yep, cherish every moment with her small self... one day you will wake up and she will suddenly be four and a half, with one foot creeping through the school gates while your back is turned ~ scary! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday gorgeous Audrey, you are beautiful as a tiny person and I'm sure you will be even more beautiful as an adult, inside and out. God bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, she is so sweet! Happy birthday to Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tina Garduna (mom)June 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM

    My favorite part is that you get to be the one to kiss her tiny cheeks every day! Enjoy these days, cause at some point you will be chasing her around the house and tackling her just to plant a kiss on her cheeks and she will fight it. Remember that? Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, happy birthday beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious! My little man is 10 now every time I look at him I just wish he could stay young!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet birthday post. She is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first picture just melts my heart. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your gorgeous girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is precious! And I am in love with her name.. Audrey Eleanor is so classic and sophisticated :) Love!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo