Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

6.6.13

Ranger Cookies

Ranger Cookies, recipe, cookies, cookie
Ranger Cookies, recipe, cookies, cookie
Sometimes you just need your Mama. And sometimes, when she isn't around, you'll settle for her famous cookies instead. I made these awhile back when I was homesick and a pregnant hormonal crazy mess. I just needed my Mama but she lives far away. So I made these cookies instead. It did the trick (but only because I knew she was coming for a visit soon!).

My emotional need for cookies aside... THESE ARE MY FAVORITE COOKIES EVER.

They have just the right amount of chewiness couple with the perfect crunch of cornflakes. Perfectly sweet and not over the top. I can't imagine there being a more perfect cookie out there. Except maybe if there was chocolate drizzled on top. I like chocolate drizzled on things. I just had that idea now, FYI, and I wish I had thought of it earlier. DOH!

Ranger Cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup shortening (or butter)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups corn flakes
2 cups quick oats
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut

Preparation:
1. In large bowl: cream shortening, sugar, and brown sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
3. In another bowl: mix corn flakes, quick oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add to other bowl.
5. Stir in coconut.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 275-300 degrees/electric ovens.
7. Place dough on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins. 8-10 mins./electric ovens.

Yield = 7 dozen

Ranger Cookies, recipe, cookies, cookie

5 comments:

  1. These sound delish and almost like an ANZAC cookie - I'm going to give them a go xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making your apple pie tomorrow and will be back for this soon too! they look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo, these look good. 7 dozen is a lot of cookies... have you tried to freeze them? And if so, would you do it before or after baking? Thank you for sharing... will give these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! those look insanely good and have all my favorite ingredients in them! I'm sure I'll be diving for them on my next homesick episode. Thanks for the trick. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo