OKAY YOU GUYS. I'm stoked. I just received my Emma's Food Bag delivery and it's pretty exciting stuff.
What's Emma's Food Bag, you say? Well, let me tell you. It's a week's worth of recipes and local ingredients delivered right to your door. You view the menu and pick which bag is right for you, order, and then wait for the groceries to show up at your door! I never realized how exciting it is to receive your groceries at your front door. IT'S AWESOME.
I found a deal through TreatMe Waikato and thought I would give it a go. So aside from the discount, here's why I'm excited about it:
- We get to try new things. WIN! I get a little bored of our regular routine. This is a great way to switch things up a little and try things I normally wouldn't cook! EXCITING.
- Planned recipes. This means I don't have to dedicate much brains to organizing dinners this week. My recipes and ingredients are all ready to go. Super win.
- FRESH. LOCAL.
- Delivered groceries. I love my beautiful wee babes but sometimes going to the grocery store with two little ones feels like it's in the too-hard-basket.
- -I don't have any control over what's in the foodbag. Not that big of a deal, but there it is. As much as I hate meal planning sometimes, I also enjoy meal planning. I'm a confusing person.
- -I don't get to go grocery shopping. As much as grocery shopping is stress inducing, it also means I get out of the house.
So, let's get to the details.
We ordered the Couple's Bag which is enough for 2 people for 5 meals.
Meat, Fish, & Dairy
Chicken mince 600g
Skirt Steak 400g
Smoked Pork 200g
Squid tubes 8
Dry Good and Deli
Chickpeas - 1 tin
Cranberry sauce 90g
Rice Noodles 200g
Vegetables & Herbs
Red onions 3
Red cabbage 1/4
Sounds good right?? I'm excited to cook every thing up this week and share our food bag journey here on the blog. Would you ever try ordering a food bag? Why or why not?