Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

10.2.15

Tuna Stuffed Zucchini

I saw my friend post about yummy tuna melts on Facebook this morning. Then it hit me how badly I NEEDED tuna melts. One problem though: no bread in the house. Which... kind of a big problem in terms of tuna melts. I popped out into the garden and found some zucchini that had been missed and were quickly growing and needed eating. AND SO MY NEW FAVORITE LUNCH WAS BORN.

Audrey (age 3) was super pleased with the thought of eating 'zucchini boats' and gobbled hers up. Margaret (19 months) preferred hers with crackers, but whatevs. I'll forgive her because she's cute and she doesn't know what's good for her.



Tuna Stuffed Zucchini

olive oil
salt
1 medium zucchini

1 can tuna in spring water
2-4 Tbsp. mayo (depending on how moist you want it)
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
4-5 crushed saltine crackers
1/2 small red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped fine
lemon juice
dried dill weed
salt & pepper
few drops of worcestershire sauce

shredded cheese for melting
---
Heat oven to 400F (200C). Slice zucchini in half and scoop out the seeds to make a 'boat'. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Grill in hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.

While zucchini is in the oven, mix the tuna filling. To make the tuna filling mix together the tuna, mayo, garlic, mustard, crushed crackers, squeeze of lemon juice, dill, salt & pepper (to taste), and worcestershire sauce. Add extra mayo as needed.

Fill the zucchini boats with the tuna mixture, top with cheese, and grill for 2-3 minutes.

x

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I'll definitely be trying this soon since I've been craving tuna salad!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo