Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

17.9.14

DIY Hand painted Skirt

Hand painted Skirt photo paintedskirt2.jpg

I made this skirt ages ago (more on that later). It just never really clicked with me. I mean, it was always just OKAY in my mind. A good staple, but a bit boring. Do you what I mean? I'd been playing around with the idea of hand printing fabrics for ages but I didn't have a specific project in mind. Then it hit me. What my skirt needed was some personality. It needed some zing. What it NEEDED was some hand printing. I played around with the idea of handprinted triangles or parallelograms, but after a failed experiment I decided to go with imperfect swipes with a paintbrush.

Zing badabing. It was just what this skirt needed.

Hand painted Skirt photo paintedskirtdetail.jpg

I used a bronze textile paint and an acrylic paintbrush, laid the skirt out (with newspaper inside the skirt so that the paint didn't bleed through), and had it! It was a simple project that I knocked out in an afternoon. After the paint dried I set it with a hot iron so that the paint wouldn't wash out.

Now I have a skirt that I finally love.

Hand painted Skirt photo paintedskirt3.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Love that the paint has some shiny to it! Blog looks fab too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Too adorable. The colors are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, it's nice to see your beautiful face back on the blog. Sending you a hug xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo