Home     About     DIY     Recipes     InStitches    Contact

17.9.14

DIY Hand painted Skirt

Hand painted Skirt photo paintedskirt2.jpg

I made this skirt ages ago (more on that later). It just never really clicked with me. I mean, it was always just OKAY in my mind. A good staple, but a bit boring. Do you what I mean? I'd been playing around with the idea of hand printing fabrics for ages but I didn't have a specific project in mind. Then it hit me. What my skirt needed was some personality. It needed some zing. What it NEEDED was some hand printing. I played around with the idea of handprinted triangles or parallelograms, but after a failed experiment I decided to go with imperfect swipes with a paintbrush.

Zing badabing. It was just what this skirt needed.

Hand painted Skirt photo paintedskirtdetail.jpg

I used a bronze textile paint and an acrylic paintbrush, laid the skirt out (with newspaper inside the skirt so that the paint didn't bleed through), and had it! It was a simple project that I knocked out in an afternoon. After the paint dried I set it with a hot iron so that the paint wouldn't wash out.

Now I have a skirt that I finally love.

Hand painted Skirt photo paintedskirt3.jpg

12 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Love that the paint has some shiny to it! Blog looks fab too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Too adorable. The colors are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, it's nice to see your beautiful face back on the blog. Sending you a hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this information all123movies.pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun, it's good, but I would recommend a movie site. รวมทางเข้า928 And online series Let's go in

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have also Romson Pressure Monitoring Line (PM-O Line) available with both male-to-male & male to female connectors from 10cm to 200cms in length. Suitable for high-pressure monitoring and for connection between syringe infusion pump and the patient.

    Buy Pressure Monitoring Line (PM-O line)-Romson

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Best Restaurants in South Delhi apart from serving its customers with high-quality food must also provide a gratifying overall experience.
    Every customer who walks into the restaurant expects to have a great experience dining there.
    A great restaurant will always make sure that their wait staff enrich the guest experience and maintain a humble attitude.
    The customers should also be served the food to them in-time every time possible. The customers don't like to be kept waiting for their food for hours.
    The serving staff at a restaurant must possess sufficient knowledge in the cuisine they are serving, so when a customer asks about an exotic cuisine that is served at the restaurant,
    the serving staff must be able to intrigue the customer with intricate details of the food they are being served.






    https://www.dlfpromenade.com/">Best Restaurants in South Delhi

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate your comments and I try to respond to as many as I can so don't forget to check back! xoxo